[cells-devel] New Cells User Feedback (includes patch!)

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Wed Apr 27 22:50:00 UTC 2005

James Bielman wrote:

>On 22 Apr 2005, Kenny Tilton wrote:
>

>>This is great feedback, and I agree with all of it. The only problem
>>is that there is little active interest in Cells, other than my own
>>use of it, so I am not worrying much these days about making the
>>Cells project approachable to others.
>>

>Fair enough.
>

>>I suggest you poke around and see if you want to use Cells for
>>anything, and if so we can sort out the mess in CVS.
>>

>Well, for kicks I wrote a little 6502 LAP-style macro assembler using
>Cells as my internal representation of instructions and labels, which
>worked out really well until I ran into a cycle I couldn't get around.

Fascinating. I happen to have done quite a bit of 6502 programming back
in my Apple II days. I can't wait to look at your code and see how Cells
was able to contribute to that. I will also stare at the cycle and think
about how Cells could be enhanced to handle that gracefully, even if
just by giving programmers an orderly way to apply domain knowledge.

Cells? Cello? Cells-Gtk?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/

"Doctor, I wrestled with reality for forty years, and I am happy to state that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd