[cells-devel] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: I'm stuck ... pse help!]]

Kenneth Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sun Oct 24 18:18:43 UTC 2004

On Oct 24, 2004, at 11:35 AM, Frank Goenninger wrote:

> Hi Kenny,
>
> thx for the inputs on the window close issue.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not getting this far.

I understand, but you had asked about glutSetOption, and that is a
Freeglut extension designed to address the window close issue. So I was
telling you (a) you could just *feature* it out and (b) how to survive
a window close /if/ we ever get that far.

> It seems it was unclear from my
> previous emails that I do not get any window even appearing!
>
> Any call to the glut-create-window function makes OpenMCL die, yes,
> really die! The process is interrupted without any signs or hints on
> the
> cause.

Boy, that sounds like Glut calling exit(), though of course that should
not happen on glutCreateWindow. There is an Apple list for OpenGL. I
wonder if they would have any insight. Or some of the gmane lists,
which seem more numerous than comp.mac.* lists.

Would it be interesting to download the Lispworks freebee and see if
you get the same thing there?

But first I would put in the code I suggested about setting up the
glut-wm-close-func by duplicating the glut-close-func setup. And you
might want to put a (break) in the callabcks to see if maybe we are
getting further than we think. You can add the break to the macro you
see wrapping the code in each callback so you just have to put it one
place.

kenny

ps. I download Lisp In a Box for Max OS X and it seems to work right
out of the box, as they say. I would have a lot of Emacs to learn, but
I think I want to do that anyway. So maybe I will be using OpenMCL
shortly.... say, you included a tar last time. I just focused on the
glutSetOption problem. If I look at your code will I see how you loaded
the Apple Glut? k