[cells-devel] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: I'm stuck ... pse help!]]

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sun Oct 24 01:05:24 UTC 2004

I just want to clarify a small mis-impression I created:

> Apple Glut doc says they copied Rob Fletcher's Glut fixes. Here is Rob:
>
>      http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~rpf1/glut.html
>
> In there he offers WMTest.c, which I see works as I suspected: provide
> a callback that does nothing. So I think all we have to do is
> duplicate this line of code in glut-callbacks-set:
>
>   (glut-callback-set 'glut-close-func close)
>   #-FREEGLUT
>   (glut-callback-set 'glut-wm-close-func close)

this is fine, but just in case I might have caused some confusion:
Fletcher responded to wm-close by doing nothing. We respond to wm-close
by losing the CLOS window instance corresponding to the Glut window,
/not/ by doing nothing.

What I meant was that simply providing a wm-close callback defeats the
Glut default of calling exit(), which would nail the Lisp IDE as well.