[cells-devel] Cello updates and... OS X or Bust!!!!

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Tue Oct 19 00:03:23 UTC 2004

Thomas F. Burdick wrote:

>Kenneth Tilton writes:
> >
>> I like the ACL approach because I can handle some dependencies via the
> > order of the files. I can see the advantage of the other approach (auto
> > handling of changes to macros), but having tried to adjust to the
> > asdf/mk way I still find myself longing for the acl way. But I might
> > come around on this some day.
>
>Oh yeah, that.  You can definately coerce asdf into doing it the acl
>way.  I'm pretty sure I didn't do that for asdf-aclproj, but I thought
>about it and decided it was doable.

aw, shucks, having macro changes propagated automatically will be a
clear win. let me suck it up and get the asd files working honestly (no
bogus depending on the one immediately prior). might even clean things
up if I end up moving a stray macro to where it should be.

fair warning to everyone, tho: if I miss a dependency it will not show
up immediately since the first time thru everything is .... hey, how
about if I deliberately reverse the order in the asd file from the lpr
file? I scare myself sometimes. :)

Cells? Cello? Celtik?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/