[cells-devel] Request for some simple howtos

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sat Jul 31 17:47:49 UTC 2004

deepblue18 at spymac.com wrote:

>Could you please put a more detailed installation procedure
>in the FAQ for newbie users like ?

OK. Are you trying to install just Cells or the whole Cello environment
(or Celtic, the Cells+LTk package)? I see you mentioned drawing a cube,
so maybe you are talking about Cello. If so, there is bad news and good
news for newbies: the bad news is that I have Cello is available at this
point only for hardcore developers willing to fight things out with the
necessary libraries and/or incompatibilities with different
environmentts. The good news (for you) is that I develop on Windows at
this point, both AllegroCL and the Lispworks freebee, so I should be
able to help you get things running.

>(Btw i am on Lispworks personal free edition on the windows
>platform, so any help on this particular platform will be
>appreciated a lot.)
>
>Also could you include some simple tutorial examples explaining
>drawing a cube ?
>
>Once the initialisation barrier falls down, i could begin doing
>some of the newbie documentation myself.

thx for the offer. once I am sure which subprojects you want to run I
will get you some doc and give you all the support you need to get the
code running.

kenny