[cells-devel] Celtic enhanced and ... Cells III?

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Fri Jul 9 06:30:15 UTC 2004

Celtic is coming along nicely. I actually forget where it was before,
but I am pretty sure the scale, spinbox, and panedwindows are all new
widgets. Not much left. Toplevels, yes, and maybe menus could be made
friendlier. Of interest for aesthetic reasons is that the internals got
a massive clean-up that makes me feel a lot better-- there was some
weirdness in there.

As for Cells III, panedwindows were the first thing that did not play
well with Cells. They insist that the widgets which will occupy a pane
be fully assembled before being added to the panedwindow. Turns out
Cells II made it impossible to place the "add" code anyplace guaranteed
to run after all initialization, because it defers things. The good news
is that I simply added a new category of operation (finalize) to the
four I already had (user-notify, output, setf, and makunbound) and it
Just Worked. Which I usually take as a Good Sign, but it still makes me
nervous to think I have made "after" into something tricky. :)

Home? http://tilton-technology.com
Cells? http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/