[cells-devel] Re: ANNC: Lisp FFI tools with OpenGL+Glut samples

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Tue Feb 24 04:09:49 UTC 2004

Kenny Tilton wrote:
> OK, 3D-lovers, the (model) matrix is now your oyster (if UFFI loves you):
>
>    http://www.tilton-technology.com/cellophane.html

Just installed from ZIP. Errata:

1. In dvx/lib there is a freeglut.zip from which freeglut.dll should be
extracted. Won't happen again.

2. Look for load of freeglut.dll from hard-coded "D:/dvx/lib".

3. Also look for hard-coded loads of opengl32 and glu32 from "/winnt".
That's "/windows" on other wins, lord knows what on other oses. The bad
news here is that uffi:load-library seems not to mind at all if it is
asked to load a non-existent library, so the first sign of trouble is a
runtime erorr something like "glClearColor? what the hell is that?"

4. ACL users: because the handling of the project files is such a
phenomenal PITA, I get "opengl-bindings" package not found because after
I change the defpackage inside the LPR (it's just source) to:

    (defpackage :opengl-bindings...)

ACL changes it back to common-graphics whenever it feels like it. :) I
would tell you the fix if I knew one, but in the past I just turn a few
hundred monkeys trying things at random until it works, and then I never
know which monkey fixed it nor certainly what they did to fix it.

kenny