[cells-devel] God bless Lispworks

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Wed Feb 25 04:20:36 UTC 2004

Lispworks wasted no time going straight upside my head over an oddity
caused by Freeglut history, I think: fonts are identified by enums 0, 1,
2 etc, but the parameter is declared in C as a pointer to a font! God
bless static typing.

AllegroCL I guess does things helpfully in this regard if speed/safety
are set right, if not it does things insanely/silently. Lispworks just
slapped me. The upsetting thing is that a couple of hours ago I happened
to notice that some calls to the glut font functions had the ID wrapped
in (make-ff-pointer...) and others did not. I know I was tired at that
point because one of my cardinal rules is to fix anything like that
whether or not I think it is related.

Now Lispworks is yelling about something else. I do not think it should
be, but I have to give LW the benefit of the doubt.

http://tilton-technology.com