[cells-devel] Cells/ASDF: Telling the lisp env that cells is loaded...

Frank Goenninger frank_goenninger at t-online.de
Sun Feb 15 20:50:50 UTC 2004

Nikodemus,

thx for feedback:

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 13:51, Nikodemus Siivola wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Frank Goenninger wrote:
>
> > (defmethod asdf:perform ((o load-op) (c (eql (find-system :cells))))
> >   (pushnew :cells *features*))
>
> I wonder if this is worth the trouble: any systems using Cells should
> probably just :depends-on (:cells).

Yes, understood.

However, I have configured my .clinit.cl file (autoloaded by ACL on
startup) such that some packages/modules are loaded on startup if the
image does not yet contain those:

--X--

#-:asdf (load "/opt/asdf/asdf.lisp")
#-:uffi (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :uffi)
#-:cells (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :cells)

--X--

This uses the #- mechanism.

> If it's desired to note Cells presence explicitly, then
>
>  (pushnew :cells *modules*)
>
> would probably be a better choise.

Agreed. I added this to my cells.asd file. Thx again.

> Cheers,
>
>  --Nikodemus

Cheers,
   Frank