[cells-devel] A shocking proposal

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Nov 11 21:59:39 UTC 2003

Nikodemus Siivola writes:
 > On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 10:42:59PM -0800, Thomas F. Burdick wrote:
 >
 > > DocoSketch is a little package I have that's meant as a way of
 > > section like in the HyperSpec.  If other people think it's a good
 > > idea, I could massage it into a Wiki, so we could all work on
 > > documenting it.
 >
 > I say yay! I have my own 20-liner ad-hoc-doc for making READMEs, but
 > DocoSketch seems quite a bit more capable.

Mine's a wee bit longer: DocoSketch itself is about 100 lines, and
docosketch-outline is a 100-line run-on function.

 > Albert is getting quite sophisticated as well, but something that
 > works on the image as opposed to sources smells sweeter to me.

Yeah, I've never been very impressed with documentation generators
that munge Lisp as text.  We've got all that introspection for a
reason!  I've developed DocoSketch on an as-needed basis, so it's
still lacking in a few spots, mostly it should make better use of the
MOP to descend into classes and generic functions better.

I noticed that I had commented out the code that checks for
specialness (oops!), so I added that back in, and now it gets the
unbound variables, too.  I updated the files on my website with the
new output.

--
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |