[cells-devel] A shocking proposal

Thomas F. Burdick tfb at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Nov 11 06:42:59 UTC 2003

I'm not very shocked.  I think it's a good idea -- especially since it
sounds like the level of graphical sophistication would be very low,
so people could port it to whatever Lisp system they'd like to use, if
they really feel so inclined.

 > Not that I mean to send you on a scavenger hunt for Cells documentation,
 > but if you are left with questions those will help me figure out what to
 > explain first and in better detail.

A bomb tutorial would be good for drawing more people in, and might
not be a bad way of introducing people to Good Cells Syle.  However,
reference docs would be really nice.  I ran my DocoSketch program over
Cells, and posted the results here:

  http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~tfb/no-carrier/cells/cells-docosketch.txt
  http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~tfb/no-carrier/cells/cells-docosketch.sexp

[ The first is a text file for viewing by Emacs outline-mode.
  The second is the data structure it was generated from. ]

DocoSketch is a little package I have that's meant as a way of
browsing a loaded system, not so much for generating actual
documentation, but it might be helpful as an outline for a dictionary
section like in the HyperSpec.  If other people think it's a good
idea, I could massage it into a Wiki, so we could all work on
documenting it.

--
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |