[cells-devel] A shocking proposal

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Mon Nov 10 15:51:40 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 10:36:57AM -0500, Kenny Tilton wrote:

> What if I base the Cells tutorials on the free LW downloads? If I can
> believe what I hear, it is portable across Mac OS X, Linux, and some
> other system called Window or something. :)

Maybe, but I'm not sure what the benefit would be.

> That will be a lot more fun than text-based tutorials like
> 01-cell-basics.lisp.

By this I guess that you mean to do GUI-stuff as part of the tutorial,
possibily CAPI?

IF so, I really think that that's a bad idea: I'd prefer to tackle one
new thing at a time. If you had something different in mind, then
dunno -- but the same applies: non-standard stuff besides the main
subject of in a tutorial is a Bad Thing.

What I'd really like would be CLHS style docs for DEFMODEL, CV, C?,
and friends...

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus