[cells-devel] There is a God...

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Mon Dec 8 06:09:29 UTC 2003

...and she is really gunning for me. :)

I am resurrecting Cello under un-forked UFFI and Freeglut, so I decided
to get all fancy with my brilliant new CVS skills and grab the FG CVS,
in part because I could see from traffic that things are being actively
found and fixed.

And broken. :( Spent a day making sure it wasn't me before asking the FG
list and getting a speedy "oops" back from one of the developers.

Any OS X developers out there? I have been looking at XCode for Mac OS
X. Not exactly Lisp-friendly, is it? I was able to run the Glut demos
out of the box by hitting the right gui buttons, but I get the feeling
they have concluded it would be just brilliant to have a completely new
way of building executables to limit new development for the Mac as much
as possible. :)

Cello has run under LW Trial as well as ACL (pro), so I thought just for
the hell of it I would see if I could load Apple's Glut and be able to
claim X windows for Cello. (Any OS X Glut (Freeglut or Apple's) gets
Cello onto Xwindows, at which point CMUCL/SBCL should be straightforward.)

But for the life of me I cannot find a standalone Glut library or .so to
load. I see linker options -IGL and -IGLU for those two libraries (god
knows where /they/ are). I am on OS X Panther with XCode loaded.

Jump ball for any OS X developers: Do you actually use ProjectBuilder or
now XCode on OS X, or do you just get to command line and use good ol'
.configure and make? Hmm, think I'll go look for a comp.mac NG to
irritate...

btw, the subtext is that Cello is back up with my font stuff as a
separate DLL and other open source stuff unforked. (I had been running
off madly deviated UFFI and FG). Well, the new glutMainLoopEvent did not
work as well for me so I switched to glutMainLoop and that fixed
everything. glutMainLoop is sub-ideal for Lispy iterative development,
so I'll want to get back to glutMainLoopEvent once XWindows is in the bag.

http://tilton-technology.com