[cello-devel] Re: PortaCello3

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Mon Apr 19 14:35:07 UTC 2004

Rene de Visser wrote:

> "Kenny Tilton" <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:408159BB.4000905 at nyc.rr.com...
>
>>I just uploaded PortaCello3.zip with .sig to:
>>
>>    ftp://common-lisp.net/pub/project/cello
>>

> Hello Kenny,
>
> In the zip file
> CORE_DB_WAND_.DLL has dependencies on
>
> CORE_DB_MAGICK_.DLL which is not supplied

Oops. Others, too, I think. After uploading I realized I forgot to
reiterate in the install notes the bit about getting/building the
necessary libraries.

The only DLL in there you need from me is the FTGL one, unless you want
to go nuts and build your own. Binaries for FreeGlut and IM are on the
Web. Linux yabos need to build their own, but I gather there are
packages for the libraries used by Cello for the big Linux distros. I'll
fix up the install notes and replace. Meanwhile...

    ftp://ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/ImageMagick/binaries

Grab the 6.0 version. Their doc says the Q8 version is a lot faster than
Q16 for not much less quality.

> and on MSVCRTD.DLL which is not standard on windows (but I believe my be
> destributed
> with microsoft compiled code).

If that bad boy is not amongst the bunch that come with the ImageMagick
dll I will add it to the distro.

Thx for the report,

Kenny

--