PortaCello3 Update [was Re: [cello-devel] scroller]

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sun Apr 11 18:30:47 UTC 2004

Frank Goenninger wrote:

>Ja - understood that hint ;-) Will see to have something running and ask
>Kevin for inclusion.

great. let's see what happens.

>Glad to be of help. Makes learning Common Lisp a more enjoyable
>excercise.

Yeah, I never like to just sit down with a language and study it, I
always want to have Something Else to do and just learn the language as
necessary. It is fun looking something up (or just plain looking for a
way to do something) once I need it. Until then, yawn.

Your observation is good news: I have been hoping newbies would land on
the shore of Lisp and say, "Great language, but you folks need some
libraries if we are going to get any work done. I'll do <X>, any Lisp
gurus want to help?" ie, the Lispniks are tired/dreamers/academics. Now
Lisp needs fresh people who actually write applications.

kt

--
Home? http://tilton-technology.com
Cells? http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/