PortaCello3 Update [was Re: [cello-devel] scroller]

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sat Apr 10 13:01:00 UTC 2004

Frank Goenninger wrote:

>What I wasn't all too keen on is keeping the Win32 specific naming
>of modules when using UFFI (I remember sth like "OGL32" or the like).

Oh, ok, I did not realize that was win-specific. Just changed them all.
Along the way I noticed that UFFI has a "supporting libraries" option on
the load-library function. I guess win32 does that automatically, and I
barely glanced at what you did for ftgl while pulling it in, but i
noticed supporting library work there as well. Could you have used UFFI
for that?

I got held up with a small refactoring when I went to generalize the
"semi-automatic" thing from the scroll stepper to the paging bar, but I
have merged with Frank's stuff and moved hard-coded stuff out into
configure.lisp. It ain't fancy, but it's a start, and it is hard to
refine until folks with other configurations try to use it. Anyway, if I
get a good work stretch in today I should be starting on the Lispworks
check-up to see what ASD changes are needed and if anything
AllregoCL-specific snuck in.

After Portacello3 I will start work on a paper for Pascal Costanza's
ECOOP co-located "Lisp day" (June 13?)  in Norway, which I plan to
attend. My goal will be to demonstrate how functional application
complexity can be managed without commensurate application complexity
thanks to the declarative nature of cells and their automatic dataflow
handling. I'll drag in object reuse since it is an OO show. It happens
specifically to be a conference focused this year on autonomous software
agents, so I may dust off RoboCup... or start a virtual pet project. Or
a flocking birds screensaver. Or something.

kt

--
Home? http://tilton-technology.com
Cells? http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/