[boston-lisp] preparing for "Lisp Games and Visual Programming"

David O'Toole dto1138 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 21:27:50 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the opportunity to do another presentation. I've been very
busy since January 09 and will have a lot to show (including hands-on
demos with joysticks and possibly some dance pad stuff.)

I've picked up an HD camcorder and will be bringing my friend Dana
once again to help out with video recording and with the demos. He's
also been working with Scheme in his graduate studies so that will be
fun.

I will need a projector or something (VGA or HDMI) for the visuals,
but I will bring my own speakers. Last I heard there wasn't a venue
yet for the meeting, so I thought I should mention it now.

As I will be bringing quite a few pieces of equipment to Boston for
this, and have a lot of material, I would prefer the same full-hour
format as my 09 presentation.

I have several topics to cover:

1. Some games I've released in Common Lisp in the last 2 years. Here's
a video retrospective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr3piK3T6a8
2. What the larger Lisp Games community has been doing in terms of
various libraries, games, and projects.
3. My current work with Lisp visual programming and discussion of
future directions.

As I mentioned before, I'd love to give a dry run of my presentation
to a few people sometime before the real event, to practice and
collect feedback.

What do you think?