[boston-lisp] Applied AI job posting, Fresh Pond Cambridge area

John Morrison morrison at mak.com
Mon Apr 25 23:23:42 UTC 2005

MAK develops solutions to link, simulate and visualize the virtual
world. We also leverage our experience to provide custom simulation
solutions. MAK builds PC-based leadership trainers, tailored product
enhancements, and custom synthetic environments to meet our customers?
needs. MAK's software products are C++ libraries for simulation
networking, 3D graphics, physics-based simulation, and tactical-map
user interfaces.  Our custom simulation solutions and trainers build
upon and expand our product offerings for targeted solutions to
customer problems.  Our work also includes research and development in
networking, graphical user interfaces, display management, applied
artificial intelligence, and distributed computing.

Applied AI Engineer

We are now looking for an Applied AI Engineer to help us design,
develop and support our simulation software toolkits and
applications. Candidates should have a strong background in practical
application of artificial intelligence theory, methodologies and tools
(e.g., Bayesian belief networks, rule-based systems, intelligent
agents), and should also have strong object-oriented design skills and
experience developing commercial software.

BSCS, MSCS or equivalent, plus at least 6 years relevant experience.
Significant prior experience developing applications with C++ and Lisp
is required.  We have close relationships with our customers, and
therefore good verbal and written communication skills are also
required.

Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
- Proposal writing
- Distributed agent architectures, domain specific languages
- Real-time simulation
- C4I system development
- Product quality API development
- Reusable class framework implementation

Please send resumes via postal or electronic mail ONLY to: Human
Resources, MAK Technologies, Inc., 10 Fawcett St., Cambridge, MA 0213;
E-mail: hr at mak.com Principals only, please.

MAK is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

--
==== John Morrison