[Bordeaux-threads-devel] No Thread Support on Darwin SBCL

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Sun Aug 16 12:12:27 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 8:52 AM, Curtis Schlak<curtis_schlak at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm running Mac OS X 10.5, SBCL 1.0.30, and Bordeaux-Threads 0.6.0. Does
> anyone know why I don't have thread support though it appears to have a
> "green" status on the project page?

Welcome back to Common-Lisp. I am speculating, but sbcl needs to be
built with threads enabled in order for threads to work. I am not sure
if sbcl threads are supported for OS-X? Are threads-support a
requirement for the green color?
You can always try openmcl, or sbcl in a virtualbox/vmware/parallels
linux (my personal choice). Or maybe do without threads while
developing.

/Henrik