[Bordeaux-threads-devel] Condition wait

Greg Pfeil sellout42 at mac.com
Sat Jun 17 04:32:22 UTC 2006

On 13 Jun 2006, at 23:01, Hoan Ton-That wrote:

> I'm writing CL-STM, and I was wondering if we could
> change `condition-wait' to take the lock as an optional
> argument?  At the moment, I'm acquiring a dummy lock,
> and then using `condition-wait' on it.  What do you think?

This sounds like a reasonable request. Let me get your usage correct:
you want to wait on a condition variable, but the actions you carry
out don't have any shared state, and therefore don't require a lock
to be used?

I'll mull it over a bit longer to see if I can think of any issues
(although none come to mind immediately), and I'll release 0.0.2,
since there have also been some other changes (especially regarding
support for ABCL).