[Bese-devel] Arnesi on Lispworks 5 (call/cc etc.)

Matthew Lamari matt.lamari at gmail.com
Mon May 28 02:30:19 UTC 2007

I was trying to port Arnesi (specifically, the call/cc / code-walker
environment related portions) to LispWorks 5.0.  I cannot get it to
work.

The last piece in the puzzle seems to be
harlequin-common-lisp:augment-environment.  LispWorks 4.x has it, 5.0
does not.  More specifically, the symbol is interned; but the function
just isn't there.

These are all undocumented functions, and I have no "support" on LW to
call upon, and the mailing list seems silent on the matter.  What I'm
wondering however is if the original author of Arnesi LW port portions
is on this mailing list.

I'm just an interested party who wants to use Arnesi as it looks
incredibly cool but have only marginal understanding of this
undocumented feature.  What I was wondering is if the original author
has sufficient knowledge of environments to construct an equivalent to
augment-environment from other exposed primitives - on LispWorks 5.

The problem - failure to find function upon calling
Augment-Environment - is repeatable on the trial LispWorks 5.0 (it
works on LispWorks 4.x).

Thanks,
Matt