[Bese-announce] UCW 0.3.2
mb at bese.it
Sat Nov 6 16:29:53 UTC 2004
UnCommonWeb version 0.3.2 - learning to climb up bookshelves
[nb: this release breaks backwards compatability]
* Home page
NB: This tarball contains ucw, arnesi, yaclml, cl-icu, iterate and
mod_lisp. You'll need to install a recent CVS version of SLIME and
* Changes (since 0.3.1)
[in no particular order]
- A new component class hierarchy (and associated API) has been
introduced. UCW now distinguishes between window component and
widget components and provides better support for both.
- The untested, buggy and empty documentation application has been
- The user's manual has been updated, improved and rewritten in LaTeX.
- The yaclml tags <ucw:form and <ucw:a now require an :action attribute.
- Two generic actions (ok and refresh-component) have been implementod.
- The session.value API has been improved.
- standard-application's entry-point table is now implemented as a
hash-table, this greatly improves support for sites with many entry
- A new component class (container) has been added. It provides
support for implementing components which manage other
components. The container component defines various convience
methods which simplyify the initialization and manipulation of sub
- The UCW inspector directly uses SLIME's inspector and produces
similar output. The backtrack error pages now have inspector
links. (as they did in UCW 0.1). Inspector anchors no longer pretty
print the object.
- the render-on defgeneric has been moved into the protocol file where
it should have been all along.
- render-on uses wrapping-standard method combination.
- The standard-component file has been split into multilpe files.
- Fixed mod_lisp's response object wiping
* Supported Platforms
SBCL and CMUCL have problems with :default-initargs (which UCW makes
wide use of) but otherwise work fine. OpenMCL has no known
issues. mod_lisp backend has been tested with all implementations,
aserver backend has not been tested.
Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in.
More information about the bese-announce