[asdf-install-devel] darcs support

Pascal Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Tue Oct 17 14:03:44 UTC 2006

Gary King writes:
> I'm strongly in favor of enhancing ASDF-Install to support multiple
> source code access routes above and beyond tarballs pointed at by the
> CLiki.
>
> However, I think that it would be better to keep ASDF-Install as
> simple as possible and create a new project with all the bells and
> whistles. The main reason for this is that ASDF-Install is already
> forked (the SBCL version and the Portable version and perhaps the
> OpenMCL version) and this adds to confusion as people evaluate Lisps.

This is a problem.  Why is it forked?  Couldn't some hooks be
sufficient to let these implementations do what they need without
forking libraries?

NOTE: The most fundamental particles in this product are held
together by a "gluing" force about which little is currently known
and whose adhesive power can therefore not be permanently
guaranteed.