[anaphora-devel] anaphoric prog1

Julian Squires julian at cipht.net
Wed Jan 25 20:58:19 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 09:43:49PM -0500, Gary King wrote:
> Anaphora! I like it.

I'm a big fan, too.

> Have you considered aprog1??
>
> >(defmacro aprog1 (first &body rest)
> >  "Anaphoric prog1. This binds IT to the first form so that it can
> >be used in the rest of the forms. The whole thing returns IT."
> >  `(let ((it ,first))
> >     , at rest
> >     it))
> >
> >#+Example
> >(aprog1
> >  (read in nil nil)
> >  (when (atom it)
> >    (warn "Parse error: ~A" f)))
>
> I find this pretty handy.

This is a cool idea.

I'm not sure that Nikodemus is still maintaining anaphora, as I have had
a patch to fix acond for ages which hasn't been applied to CVS.

I will add this to my patch sometime shortly, and maybe I'll ask
Nikodemus if I can co-maintain anaphora.  (I'm sure he's out there
absorbing these messages, somewhere.)

Cheers.

--
Julian Squires